Situations where sound insulating materials are used:
1) Glass, mineral wool mats, are used as sound insulators as solid inner layers underneath floors,
2) Wood fibre and asbestos cement slabs are used as strip lining in floors.
3) Plastic slabs are used for sound proofing of RCC floors.
4) Wood fibre board is used as sub floors to insulate impact noise.
5) Mineral wood boards are used in special chambers.
6) Gypsum plaster boards are used for facing walls and ceilings
7) Perforated plywood is usually suspended from trusses, so as to provide air space.
8) Asbestos cement acoustic baffles are used for facing suspended ceilings or walls to insulate noise.
9) Acoustical tiles are used where uniform sound absorption is necessary.
10) Acoustic plaster made by mixing cement and granular insulating material is used on walls to make wall and room sound proof.
Situations where Damp proofing materials are used:
1) Damp proof course of Concrete with damp proofing chemicals is used over masonry at foundation and plinth to prevent dampness.
2) Damp proof course of concrete with chemicals is used below flooring of marble, granite.
3) Damp proofing materials are used on external side of walls to prevent dampness.
4) Damp proofing materials are used in toilet floors of upper story, so that no dampness will occur in slab below that floor.