Situations where hollow concrete block masonry is used.
1) Hollow concrete blocks are fire resistant and hence are used in masonry where fire resistance is necessary, like furnace, chimney etc.
2) Hollow concrete blocks are light weight. , and hence used in partition walls to reduce dead load of wall.
3) Hollow concrete blocks are having good insulating properties and used in exterior load bearing masonry walls where sound and thermal insulation is essential. It keeps house cool in summer and warm in winter.
4) Hollow concrete blocks are used in compound walls where economic construction is necessary.
5) They are used to achieve uniform quality of masonry, faster construction.
6) They are used to achieve lower labor involvement and greater durability, like Retaining walls