Role of civil engineer in the field of transportation engineering.
1. To maintain safety, adequacy and economy in the means of transport for the need of society.
2. Civil engineer work to move people, goods and materials safely and efficiently from one place to another place.
3. Civil engineer designs, constructs and maintains all types of transportation facilities, including airport, highway. Railway track and docks and harbors.
4. Civil engineers are also involved in the construction of bridge tunnels etc.
5. Remote areas and rural areas become accessible and communicable if connected by proper means of transport.